I envision a future where there is affordable and sustainable food for all. Food needs to grow in ways that are not only sustainable but also allow agricultural land to replenish itself. We are always going to need food, no matter what changes, we cannot survive without it. Like water, we have taken food for granted. We have it extremely, when we are in the need of food, we go to a store and pick some up. If we were to grow our own food, it would only be then that we see what goes into goring food. Food, especially animal-based foods should be consumed in limited ways. Overconsumption of food (mostly animal-based) is a large contributor to carbon emissions and the climate crisis. Cattle are the number 1 source of greenhouse gases worldwide, with one single cow belch, releasing 220 pounds of methane, and the cattle population was at approximately 996 million in 2021. The more we consume, the more the demand increases, and the more damage is caused to the environment. An intervention could be to introduce a policy that limits the amount of animal-based foods that we consume yearly. Around 75% of agricultural land is devoted to raising livestock, leaving only 25% to grow food among other things. This is extremely concerning, as what would we do if that 25% turns barren and is no longer able to grow crops? I am not saying we go full-blown vegan, but that we only eat these foods to a certain extent, and not over-consume.